Patient Advice and Complaints Service

You are here: CHFT Website > Patients > Patient Advice and Complaints Service

Patient Advice and Complaints Service

In October 2011 the Trust set up a new service to make it easier for you to talk us about your care. The aim of the new single service – known as the ‘Patient Advice & Complaints Service’ -  will help us to be more effective in listening and responding to your experiences  and  help us to improve your care in the future.

You may wish to contact the service if you want more information or advice about your care, you wish to pay a compliment or give general views about your care or you may wish to make us aware of your concerns or make a complaint.

Calderdale and Huddersfield NHS Foundation Trust values your opinions and recognises the importance of your experiences. We appreciate that sometimes we make mistakes.  Your feedback to us is very valuable and will help us to improve our services. 

What to do if you have concerns or wish to complain about your treatment or treatment of a relative. 

If you have concerns or wish to complain about your treatment or treatment of a relative then in the first instance please raise your concerns with a member of staff in the hospital who is providing care to the patient. This might be a nurse or midwife, doctor or health worker. They should be able to resolve this directly with you or find someone to help you.

The Matron for a ward or department is also available for you to express any concerns to and there is always a Duty matron available out of hours. Matrons can be contacted via the main switch board number at either hospital site.  

Calderdale Royal Hospital          01422 357171

Huddersfield Royal Infirmary      01484 342000

Raising your concerns or complaints

If you feel you need help with raising your concerns or complaints and wish to speak to someone please contact:

Patient Advice and Complaints Service

Monday-Friday 9am-5pm

Outside of these hours you can leave a telephone or email message for the team to respond to the next working day. 

Our contact details are:

Telephone:0800 013 0018

Please provide your name, address, telephone number and date of birth.  If you are not the patient please also provide their details and state whether you are a relative, carer or friend of the patient. Consent will be requested from the patient or next of kin before sharing information.

Letter:Write to us: 
Patient Advice & Complaints Service,
Calderdale & Huddersfield NHS Foundation Trust,
Acre Street,
Text:07766 905817 (Please note this is a text number only)
Online: Complete an online feedback form which is available here.
Leaflet:A feedback form is available at the back of our Patient Advice and Complaints Service leaflet which can be obtained from any member of staff.  Please either hand your completed form to a member of staff  or place it in the Patient Advice and Complaints Service post box at the Front Reception at either hospital.

Independent help or support available in making a complaint

The NHS Complains Advocacy Service is not part of the Foundation Trust and can provide independent advice and support.

Their contact details are:

For Halifax ResidentsFor Huddersfield Residents
Hebden Bridge Citizens Advice Bureau
New Oxford House
Albert Street
Hebden Bridge
Kirklees Law Centre
Unit 11 and 12
Empire House
Wakefield Old Road
WF12 8DJ
Tel: 01422 842848Tel: 01924 868145
Email: nhscomplaints@calderdalecab.org.ukEmail: nhscomplaints@kirkleeslc.org.uk

A full copy of our complaints process is available here and is also obtainable from the Patient Advice & Complaints Service Team.

If you would like a copy of this leaflet in large print, Braille, audio, CD or in another language please do not hesitate to contact a member of the Patient Advice & Complaints Service.

cht.nhs.uk uses cookies. More information Close