Shuttle bus service
Our shuttle bus service is only available to our staff.
Calderdale & Huddersfield NHS Foundation Trust’s transport department provides a free shuttle minibus service. The service runs between our two hospital sites - Huddersfield Royal Infirmary (HRI) and Calderdale Royal Hospital (CRH) - during the daytime and the evenings.
Our Mission Statement
To provide our colleagues with a safe & reliable integrated, transport network which has the least impact on our environment.
Getting on and off the bus
- Please arrive at the bus stop at least 7 minutes before the scheduled departure time. The shuttle will leave earlier than expected if it is full.
- For safety reasons, buses will only stop at authorised locations
- For your comfort and safety, please remain seated until the vehicle has come to a complete stop at your destination
- You should get on or off the bus through the side door only
- Once buses have closed their doors and the driver has signalled to pull away, the bus will not be able to let you get on or off the bus. You must not try to get on or off the bus when the vehicle is still in motion. Please don't try and stop the bus once it has pulled away
Further information, including how to feedback on the shuttle bus service
What you can expect from us
We aim to provide the best possible transport service and you can expect that we will:
- Deliver the most reliable service possible
- Keep you informed about change to the services
- Supply accessible and understandable information about our services
- Provide safe and comfortable vehicles
- Operate our services with friendly and helpful staff.
We regularly monitor the quality and reliability of our services and report our performance on a monthly basis.
Your responsibility as a passenger
In order to ensure that your journey and that of other passengers is safe and comfortable, we ask that you:
- Are able to board and alight the vehicle unaided, without any assistance from our driving team
- Do not smoke, eat or drink
- Show consideration to other passengers
- Take all items with you when getting off the bus – including litter
- Do not damage or deface any part of the bus
- Do not distract the driver while the bus is moving
- Keep the gangway clear.
Emergency doors and windows must only be used in the event of an emergency or when directed by the driver or supervisor.
All our staff have the right to work without fear of intimidation, verbal abuse or physical assault and the Trust will support action against any passenger who does not adhere to this.
We welcome feedback so that we can continually improve the standard of our service including punctuality, vehicle cleanliness and staff politeness.
If you need bus service information, journey planning advice or have any concerns, comments or complaints about the service, please contact us:
Email – Andrew.Mould@cht.nhs.uk
Phone – 01484 355318 / 01484 261396
The Transport office is open between 08:00 and 16:00 on Monday to Friday. It is closed on Saturdays, Sundays and Bank Holidays.
Where major changes are made to services, new timetables will be available at least 2 weeks before the start date, with advance warning displayed on all buses, on our website, and at key bus stops.
The timetable for any service is a guide to the times we aim to operate the bus and our timetables are designed to reflect different traffic conditions across the day.
On rare occasions buses cannot be run at the specified times and frequencies due to reasons beyond our control and we may have to divert services. If we are unable to operate the preferred route or timetable, due to severe traffic conditions, adverse weather, road works, civil disruptions or other reasons beyond our control we reserve the right to suspend, alter the route or times of any service.
Where reasonably practicable service Information will be cascaded to staff via the Trust Intranet facility in the event of any changes which may occur as part of traffic conditions or other reasons
All passengers are carried on our services subject to the Public Service Vehicles (Conduct of Drivers, Conductors and Passengers) Regulations 1990.
Any passenger who is reasonably suspected by the driver of contravening the Public Services Conduct of Drivers, Inspectors, Conductors and Passengers Regulations 1990 (as amended) shall give their name and Department to the driver or supervisor on demand. They may also be asked to leave by the driver or be removed from the vehicle by the Trust Security service.
Shuttle bus times - weekdays and evenings
Please note - these are a guide and will depend on the local traffic conditions
HRI – From The Main Entrance
CRH - From The Main Entrance
Shuttle bus timetable - Bank Holidays
|CRH - From main entrance|