Visiting Times from March 2020
From Monday 15th June, everyone coming to our hospital should now wear a face covering. Read more here **
Dedicated Relatives' Line
Set up to give families quick and direct updates on their loved ones at this difficult time. It’s a single point of contact given to relatives or a designated friend when a patient is admitted. It is password protected and the team manning the number will have access to our patient information, so our ward staff have more time to care for their patients.
- Telephone number: 01484 355370
- Times: 08:00 – 19:30 seven days per week
Visiting is suspended with immediate effect and until further notice.
The only exceptional circumstances where one visitor* – an immediate family member or carer – will be permitted to visit are listed below.
- The patient you wish to visit is receiving end-of-life care (*in this case we will allow up to two visitors for an unlimited time on one occasion only)
- You are the birthing partner accompanying a woman in labour.
- You are a parent or appropriate adult visiting your child.
- You are supporting someone with a mental health issue such as dementia, a learning disability or autism, where not being present would cause the patient to be distressed.
Please contact the ward or department in advance to discuss appropriate arrangements.
Your health, safety and wellbeing, that of our patients, communities and individuals and teams across the organisation remain our absolute priority.
Please find other ways of keeping in touch with your loved ones in hospital, like phone and video calls.
Everyone should follow the expert national guidance on social distancing and self-isolation, staying at home wherever possible, to help limit the spread of coronavirus, protect the most vulnerable people in our communities and our NHS.
*** Thank you for your continued support and understanding at this challenging time. ***