Our physiotherapy out patients rheumatology team consists of a number of physiotherapists with a special interest in rheumatology.
We are based at the two main hospital sites, we assess and treat our patients with a holistic approach to ensure that our patients develop the knowledge, skills and confidence to manage their long term condition and enable them to reach their goals. In addition to one:one treatments we are also able to offer rehabilitation classes. These include:
- Rheumatology exercise circuit with a relaxation session at the end of the class.
- Hypermobility class.
Where appropriate our patients can also access:
- Shoulder impingement class
- Lower limb class
- Osteoarthritis of the knee
- Spinal rehabilitation classes
- Self-Management programme
- Chronic pain management programme
- PALS in Huddersfield or Better Living Team in Calderdale
The rheumatology team also have access to the physiotherapy led injection clinic, with the aim of providing a timely injection as part of a rehabilitation package. We work closely with rheumatology advanced physiotherapy practitioners and consultants to ensure that all aspects of rheumatology care are closely linked. We also liaise with our multidisciplinary colleagues including occupational therapists, podiatrists and with gateway to care these services can provide further assessment of your needs in order to provide specialist treatment, support or equipment.