X-ray Calderdale Royal Hospital
All inpatient and outpatients are catered for within the main department and a GP open access service is available five days per week. The department currently employs three radiographers who have successfully completed the Post Graduate Certificate in Image Interpretation provided by the Bradford University School of Health Studies, thus gaining advanced practitioner status. This enables them to provide clinical evaluation of x-ray examinations referred by Accident & Emergency and some GP-referred examinations.
During working hours there is always an advanced practitioner available in the A&E x-ray department to provide expert advice to other radiographers, junior doctors and nurse practitioners from the Accident & Emergency department.
The department undertakes a full range of plain radiographic examinations.
The department consists of:
- A Fuji Computed Radiography system, rendering the dept fully digital
- 3 general x-ray rooms within the main department
- 1 general x-ray room with Accident & Emergency x-ray
- 1 dental x-ray room within Accident & Emergency x-ray
- 3 mobile x-ray machines, positioned throughout the hospital
- 2 mobile image intensifiers located within the Theatres
- 1 mobile image intensifier in the Coronary Care Unit used for Pacemaker insertions
If you have a walk-in appointment for our X-ray department please note that the opening times are as follows:
Main X-ray department 8am to 4.30pm Monday to Friday.
Accident and emergency X-ray department Mon to Fri 4.30pm to 8pm and Sat and Sun 9am to 5pm.
Who to contact to find out more Nicola Stephenson, Team Lead CRH- 01422 222295.
Who to contact to find out more
X-ray reception - 01422 222295