X-ray Huddersfield Royal Infirmary
All inpatient and outpatients are catered for within the main department and a GP appointment service is available 5 days per week. The department currently employs multiple radiographers who have successfully completed the Post Graduate Certificate in Image Interpretation provided by the Bradford University School of Health Studies, thus gaining Advanced Practitioner status. This enables them to provide clinical evaluation of x-ray examinations referred by the Emergency Department (ED), GP-referred examinations and Outpatients.
During working hours there is always an advanced practitioner available in the ED x-ray department to provide expert advice to other radiographers, junior doctors and nurse practitioners from the Accident & Emergency department.
The department undertakes a full range of plain radiographic examinations.
The department consists of:
- A Fuji Computed Radiography system, rendering the dept fully digital
- 3 general x-ray rooms within the main department
- 2 general x-ray room with Accident & Emergency x-ray
- 1 dental x-ray room within Accident & Emergency x-ray
- 4 mobile x-ray machines, positioned throughout the hospital
- 3 mobile image intensifiers located within the theatres
From the Main Hospital Entrance, we are located on the lower ground floor, following the signs for X-Ray & Diagnostic Imaging.
If entering the hospital from ED, we are on the same floor.
X-Ray reception - 01484 342700