X-ray Huddersfield Royal Infirmary
All inpatient and outpatients are catered for within the main department and a GP open access service is available seven days per week. The department currently employs four radiographers who have successfully completed the Post Graduate Certificate in Image Interpretation provided by the Bradford University School of Health Studies, thus gaining advanced practitioner status. This enables them to provide clinical evaluation of x-ray examinations referred by Accident & Emergency and some GP-referred examinations.
During working hours there is always an advanced practitioner available in the A&E x-ray department to provide expert advice to other radiographers, junior doctors and nurse practitioners from the Accident & Emergency department.
The department undertakes a full range of plain radiographic examinations.
The department consists of:
- A Fuji Computed Radiography system, rendering the dept fully digital
- 2 general x-ray rooms within the main department
- 2 general x-ray room with Accident & Emergency x-ray
- 1 dental x-ray room within Accident & Emergency x-ray
- 1 general/tomography room which can be utilised for Intravenous Urography
- 3 mobile x-ray machines, positioned throughout the hospital
- 3 mobile image intensifiers located within the theatres
If you have a walk-in appointment for our X-ray department the opening times are 8am and 8pm Monday - Sunday (not including bank holidays)
If you attend Monday - Friday 8am - 4.30pm please go to the Main X- ray department.
If you attend outside of these hours and at weekends please go to the Accident and Emergency X-ray department.
Where to find us
Who to contact to find out more
X-Ray reception - 01484 342501
For more information, please visit the Radiology page.