Children's Occupational Therapy
We are a team of qualified Occupational Therapists and Therapy Assistants who provide a child centred, family orientated approach. We work with children who have a physical, functional or coordination difficulty that impacts on their activities of daily living at home or at school (for example dressing, writing, playing, eating).
We enable the child to reach their maximum developmental potential and gain independence in performing daily living activities by linking closely with families and other professionals.
What we do
We work in a variety of ways depending on the needs of the child. Our input may include any of the following:
- working with parents, carers and families to manage their child’s condition
- providing specialist functional assessments
- assessing specialist equipment needs at home and in school
- training others to carry out specific interventions
- providing treatment programmes for functional problems
- providing specialist advice to families and schools
- providing therapy either individually or in groups
- advising, training and educating parents, carers, schools and other healthcare professionals
- providing written reports for statutory educational assessments
Depending on the needs and age of the child, we work in a variety of settings including:
- Pre school setting
- Child Development Centre
- Children’s Therapy Department
· www.hemihelp.org.uk a UK based charity for people with a hemiplegia and their families.
· www.dyspraxiafoundation.org.uk a UK based charity supporting children, families and adults with dyspraxia.
· www.scope.org.uk a UK disability organisation whose focus is on people with cerebral palsy.
· www.ccaa.org.uk for children with arthritis.
· www.cafamily.org.uk a UK charity for families with disabled children.
· www.hpc-uk.org Health Professions Council. Regulatory body
· www.cot.co.uk Professional Body for Occupational Therapy
· www.cftrust.org.uk - Cystic Fibrosis Trust
· www.mencap.org.uk – Mencap
· www.cerebra.org.uk for children with brain conditions