Working for us
Talk to anyone who has used the NHS, and it is the people who looked after them that they will remember. Those working in the NHS will talk about the amazing people who provide care and treatment. We are proud to have been awarded a range of accreditation in recognition of our positive employment practice. Alongside being a Disability Confident Employer, we've also signed the Armed Forces Covenant and are a totally inclusive Trust.
We have a wide range of networks supporting our staff diversity and backgrounds.
We offer a wide range of benefits to all staff. Here are just some of them:
- Excellent annual leave entitlement: 27 days, rising to 29 after five years NHS service and rising to 33 after 10 yrs service.
- NHS Pension Scheme – excellent package of pension benefits, fully protected against inflation and guaranteed by the government
- Occupational health service
- Confidential staff counselling service
- Flexible retirement scheme
- Membership and close working relationships with staff side organisations
- Long service awards and gifts
- Training and development
- Professional leadership arrangements
- Flexible working practices
- Fantastic opportunities for enhancing your learning and development
- Chaplaincy services
- Career breaks
- Child care facilities, including childcare teams, nurseries and out of school clubs
- Multi-disciplinary libraries and learning centres
- Special leave policies
- Staff newsletter, intranet and internet access widely available
- Variety of discounts from local attractions and businesses
Find out what it’s like working as part of the team at CHFT. Here consultant Neeraj Bhasin talks work, family and fabulous West Yorkshire and all it has to offer.