District nurses Calderdale
District nurses visit people in their own homes or in residential care homes, providing individual care for patients and supporting family members. As well as providing direct patient care, district nurses also have a teaching role, working with patients to enable them to care for themselves or with family members teaching them how to give care to their relatives.
District nurses offer care including:
- Nursing procedures including wound dressing or giving injections
- Supporting and advising on health care and preventing ill health
- Providing palliative care and end of life care
- Teaching health care techniques to patients, family or carers
- Providing equipment to help patients be independent
- Assistance with rehabilitation
- Providing emotional support to family and carers
- Helping patients to contact other community, social and voluntary services
The District Nursing Service provides a 24 hour service, 365 days a year.
Contacting our District Nurse Teams
Our District Nurse Teams are based throughout Calderdale:
- Allan House
- Grange Dene
Lower Valley ( covering Church Lane, Rydings, Northowram and Rastrick)
- Beechwood/Keighley Rd
- Plane Trees
Central Halifax (covering Lister Lane, Boulevard, Horne Street, Spring Hall, Rosegarth and King Cross)
How to get in touch
We have a single point of contact for our teams. Please dial 01422 652 291.
Contacting us out of hours (weekends and after 6pm weekdays)
Please call 07917 106 263.