Our Matron complex Needs Care coordinator (Amanda Mckie) is in post to support adults with a learning disability that may need additional support accessing hospital services. This could be either as an inpatient or outpatient.
- The service is generally covered between Monday – Friday 09.00 – 17.00
- Amanda is based at Huddersfield Royal Infirmary, but works across both hospital sites.
- Calderdale Royal Hospital (CRH)
- Huddersfield Royal Infirmary (HRI)
- Amanda has more than 23 years of working with people with a learning disability.
Video: Dennis' Story
Who to contact to find out more
Name: Amanda Mckie
Tel: 01484 355741 Or 07827 084120
Out of hours or in her absence if the situation needs urgent support:
Contact either the duty matron, night matron or site coordinator via the hospital switchboard
Tel: 01484 3422000
Or 01422 357171
Useful links and leaflets
National Learning Disabilities Improvement Standards Survey - 2018
Our hospital is taking part in a patient survey for people with learning disabilities. We want to know what you think about the care you received from your local NHS hospital. Your answers will help us to work out what was good and what needs to change.
If you want to take part in the survey, please complete the CONSENT form. Click this text to access the information and consent form. Information about the survey will be sent to you by post.