The Chaplaincy Team
Susan Naughton - Lead Chaplain (Anglican)
Simon Habergham - Lay Chaplain
Father Peter Nealon - Roman Catholic Chaplain
Reverend Andrew Philips - Roman Catholic Chaplain
Moulana Imran Hussain - Muslim Chaplain
Zeenat Hussain - Muslim Chaplain
Reverend Prasadu Dharmachari - Honorary Buddhist Chaplain
Mandy Kazmierski – Honorary End-of-Life Doula
Jaswant Randhawa - Honorary Sikh Chaplain
Reverend Samuel Cowling- Green - Hospital Chaplain.
Please contact the chaplaincy team by calling either hospital switchboard and ask to be transferred to the chaplain on duty.
Calderdale Royal Hospital - 01422 357171
Huddersfield Royal Infirmary - 01484 342000
Normal duty times are Monday to Friday 8am to 4pm with chaplains on-call at other times.
If you would like to speak to a chaplain or refer a patient to the chaplaincy service, please obtain the patient and/or family's consent and contact the chaplains via either hospital switchboard. Please do not leave messages in the chaplaincy offices.
Patients and their families may contact the chaplains directly to request a visit.
Referrals may be made by:
- Family and friends.
- Healthcare staff.
- Clergy or community representatives at the request of the patient or their family.
- The patient’s name and ward.
- The patient and/or family or carers consent to the visit.
- The faith community or Christian denomination required.
The co-ordinating chaplain on duty will assist (usually available Monday-Friday 8am - 4pm).Whenever possible staff should speak directly to the chaplain they require. Switchboard have a copy of the chaplaincy duty rota and contact details of the chaplains.
- Referrals and action taken are recorded in the Electronic Patient Record (EPR) observing Information Governance measures regarding confidentiality and data protection.
- The record may include the nature of the referral, the patient’s faith standpoint and date of visits. We will record any particular ministry undertaken during ward visits or chapel visits.