The Chaplaincy Team
Susan Naughton - Lead Chaplain (Anglican)
Simon Habergham - Lay Chaplain (HRI)
Fr Peter Nealon - Roman Catholic Chaplain (CRH)
Rev Andrew Philips - Roman Catholic Chaplain (HRI)
Moulana Imran Hussain - Muslim Chaplain (HRI)
Zeenat Hussain - Muslim Chaplain (CRH)
Rev Prasadu Dharmachari - Honorary Buddhist Chaplain
Mandy Kazmierski – Honorary End-of-Life Doula (CRH)
Jaswant Randhawa - Honorary Sikh Chaplain
Please contact the chaplaincy team by calling either hospital switchboard and ask to be transferred to the chaplain on duty.
Calderdale Royal Hospital - 01422 357171
Huddersfield Royal Infirmary - 01484 342000
Normal duty times are Monday to Friday 8am to 4pm with chaplains on-call at other times.
PLEASE NOTE due to COVID19 restrictions the chaplaincy offices are not permanently staffed so please do not leave messages in the offices, always contact the chaplains via switchboard.
Patients and their families may contact the chaplains directly to request a visit.
Referrals may be made by:
- Family and friends.
- Healthcare staff.
- Clergy or community representatives at the request of the patient or their family.
- The patient’s name and ward.
- The patient and/or family or carers consent to the visit.
- The faith community or Christian denomination required.
The co-ordinating chaplain on duty will assist (usually available Monday-Friday 8am - 4pm).Whenever possible staff should speak directly to the chaplain they require. Switchboard have a copy of the chaplaincy duty rota and contact details of the chaplains.
- Referrals and action taken are recorded in the Electronic Patient Record (EPR) observing Information Governance measures regarding confidentiality and data protection.
- The record may include the nature of the referral, the patient’s faith standpoint and date of visits. We will record any particular ministry undertaken during ward visits or chapel visits.