Your telephone appointment
A telephone appointment replaces a face to face appointment at the hospital
- Please try to make sure you are somewhere quiet without distractions for the call.
- Your doctor, nurse of care provider will contact you as near to the allocated time as possible.
- The doctor, nurse or care provider will always call your mobile telephone number first, before trying the landline number.
- There is a chance that the telephone call will be delayed and we would advise you to be available within 2 hours of the appointment time.
- Please have a list of any medications you are taking.
- Please contact the appointments centre on 0345 6088888 or your clinic as soon as possible if the appointment date is not suitable.
What do I need for my telephone appointment?
- List of current medication
- Last optician prescription (if your appointment is with Ophthalmology).
- A list of foods or diet sheet (if your appointment is with dietetics).