Isotope Imaging is an imaging technique that uses radioactive gamma emitting radiation and computers to generate images of various parts of the body. The doses administered are strictly governed by a radioactive licence, so that doses are kept as low as possible. The Isotope department is situated on the HRI site and is open Monday to Friday 9-5 pm. Radioactive doses are made to order for each specific patient from the Radio-pharmacy department.
- Lung scanning
- Bones for oncology staging, orthopaedics, rheumatology
- Breast sentinel nodes imaging prior to surgery
- Gastric emptying, Meckel’s diverticulum
- Lymphatic system
- Thyroid, parathyroid scans
- Renal scanning
- Myocardial Perfusion Scanning
- Gall bladder scans
HRI in the Main Xray Department, Lower Ground Floor.
- Jayne Gensale, Team Lead 01484 342085
- Amreet Uppal, Service Lead 01484 347367
- Fast Tracks within 2 weeks
- Non urgent within 6 weeks