Diagnostic imaging is a core service at our Trust, playing an extensive role in the diagnosis and treatment of illness. We have departments at both Huddersfield Royal Infirmary (HRI) and Calderdale Royal Hospital (CRH), providing a comprehensive imaging, diagnostic and interventional service across a wide catchment area. In addition, an outlying x-ray service is provided at Acre Mill, Huddersfield and Todmorden Health Centre and ultrasound services are provided at: Todmorden Health Centre and Brighouse Health Centre. We have modern, well-equipped departments, all of which incorporate digital acquisition and a picture archiving and communications system (PACS), facilitating effective patient treatment throughout the Trust.
Please note that our services are available via appointment only, we do not offer a walk-in service.
Angiography/Interventional: A multi-disciplinary team undertaking wide-ranging examinations, including stenting, angioplasty and embolism.
- Radiology Day Case Unit: A Day care unit for patients undergoing Radiology procedures.
- CT: An efficient diagnostic service undertaking a full range of examinations.
- DEXA Scans: A procedure to measure Bone Mineral Density.
- Fluoroscopy: A team undertaking predominantly gastro-intestinal examinations and imaging of joints.
- MRI: A team providing a high-quality diagnostic imaging service with an extensive range of examinations including: Breast, Cardiac, Paediatric and MR angiography.
- Nursing: A nursing team providing high quality nursing care for patients undergoing procedures in Radiology.
- PACS: Our PACS team supply and support of an effective digital imaging service including: storage, display and transfer of images and reports.
- Isotope Imaging: A wide range of procedures including: skeletal, respiratory and heart.
- Mammography: An efficient clinical service undertaking varied examinations of breast and biopsy.
- Ultrasound: An efficient clinical service undertaking varied examinations from Obstetric to Interventional procedures.
- X-ray: A team providing a high-quality diagnostic service covering plain film x-rays, mobile and theatre imaging.
X-ray and diagnostic imaging department - First Floor.
Lower Ground Floor:
Main x-ray department; CT and diagnostic imaging; Ultrasound; Isotope Imaging and Radiology Day Case.
CT South Drive, MRI and DEXA.
Plain film x-ray.
Plain film x-ray and Ultrasound.
|Department||Who to contact||Contact number|
|Administration||Administration Manager - Ann Fryer||01484 342299|
|Angiography / Fluoroscopy / Isotopes||Service Lead - Ellen Howie||01484 342085|
|CT||Service Lead - Lucy Thomson||01484 342923 or 01484 342500|
PASCS/RIS and MRI
Lead Nurse - Clare Andrews
Service Lead - Mark Williams
01422 224512 or 01484 355313
|Plain Film and DEXA||Service Lead - Emma Hurst||01484 342500|
|Ultrasound||Service Lead - Nicola Stephenson||01484 342500 or 01422 222235|
|Patient Flow Coordinators||07826 953798|
|Name||Special interests||Secretarial Contact|
|Dr R Bai||Breast|
|Dr S Babr||Head & Neck and General|
|Professor N Bhuskute||Musculoskeletal and Gynaecology|
|Dr S Dennis||Breast|
|Dr H Elgebali||Intervention and Vascular|
|Dr M Haris||Musculoskeletal|
|Dr P Hota||Paediatric and Neurology|
|Dr A Ihare||Neuro and General||HRI - 01484 342700|
|Dr E Loney||ENT||CRH - 04222 224141|
|Dr F Mahmood||Head and Neck|
|Dr S Nandish||Paediatrics and Neurology|
|Dr H Panditaratne||Thoracic, Lung Biopsy and Nuclear Medicine|
|Dr S Paulraj||Head & Neck and General|
|Dr C Roberts||Upper and Lower Gastrointestinal and Oncology|
|Dr R Rushambuza||Musculoskeletal|
|Dr S Singh||Upper and Lower Gastrointestinal|
|Dr A Spencer||Cardiac and Nuclear Medicine|
|Dr S Sukumar||Cross sectional and Urology|
|Dr P Szilvassy||Intervention and Vascular|
|Dr S Wakode||Breast and General|
If you have any queries in relation to your appointment or you would like to re-arrange the same, please contact: 01484 356900.