X-ray Calderdale Royal Hospital
All inpatient and outpatients are catered for within the main department and a GP appointment service is available five days per week. The department currently employs multiple radiographers who have successfully completed the Post Graduate Certificate in Image Interpretation provided by the Bradford University School of Health Studies, thus gaining Advanced Practitioner status. This enables them to provide clinical evaluation of x-ray examinations referred by the Emergency Department (ED), GP referred examinations along with outpatients.
During working hours there is always an advanced practitioner available in the ED x-ray department to provide expert advice to other radiographers, junior doctors and nurse practitioners from ED.
The department undertakes a full range of plain radiographic examinations.
The department has:
- A Fuji Computed Radiography system, rendering the department fully digital
- 3 general x-ray rooms within the main department
- 1 general x-ray room within ED x-ray
- 1 dental x-ray room within ED x-ray
- 3 mobile x-ray machines, positioned throughout the hospital
- 3 mobile image intensifiers located within Theatres
- 1 mobile image intensifier in the Coronary Care Unit used for Pacemaker insertions
- Laura Huggon, CRH Team Lead - 01422 222295
- X-ray reception - 01422 2224141
From the Main Hospital Entrance, we are located on the 1st floor, following the signs for X-Ray & Diagnostic Imaging.
If entering the hospital from the ED car park we are on the same floor.