Places to contact in crisis

If you are experiencing significant immediate distress that means there is a risk to your safety e.g. you might be having thoughts of harming yourself or ending your life then there are several places you can contact.


You can contact your GP if you are concerned about your mental health, and feel at risk of harming yourself in some way.

Local Single Point of Access (SPA)

This is a community service that receives self-referrals and referrals from professionals. It offers an assessment of a person’s mental health needs, sign-posting them to the appropriate service. If you feel as though you are experiencing a crisis in mental health or frequent and severe suicidal thoughts this is a useful number to ring.

Kirklees and Calderdale: 01924 316830

999 + Local Accident & Emergency departments:

If you feel distressed and have plans to end your life or have taken any action to do so, your local A&E is often the most appropriate place to contact.