If you’re a smoker and want to quit, Yorkshire Smokefree have a team of advisors waiting to take your call.
They offer telephone support and help to get the right stop smoking product, making it easier to stop smoking and stay stopped.
If you live in Calderdale, Wakefield, Sheffield, Barnsley or Doncaster, give them a call now on 0800 612 0011 or request a call back via the website www.yorkshiresmokefree.nhs.uk.
Find us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/ysmokefree
Follow on Twitter: https://twitter.com/YSmokefree
Click this link to find more information from the NHS, including support to stop smoking and the benefits
By using a combination of stop smoking medication and support you are three times as likely to quit successfully.
Likely to have fewer side effects from cancer treatment
Protect others from Second Hand Smoke
Benefits of stopping prior to surgery:
- Better wound healing
- Faster recovery
- Lowers risk of blood clots and infections
- A free, friendly and flexible service
- Expert advice and support from a stop smoking advisor on the phone & virtual clinics being developed
- Daily motivational texts, access to useful apps and help to make a quit plan . . . and stick to it!
- Advice on stop smoking medications and help to get them
- Advice and signposting to other services as needed
- Facebook and website
Please note, if your question needs an urgent response you should contact your clinical team directly.
The First Steps team aim to respond to your question within a few days. Please bear in mind the information team's working days are Monday to Friday. Any questions submitted may be used anonymously as part of the frequently asked question section of the First Steps website.