Clinical Health Psychology
We provide specialist services to adults and children who have a range of physical and psychological needs.
Physical illness can affect many aspects of your life, including your psychological well-being. Psychological problems can also have an impact on your physical health.
Clinical Psychologists, counsellors and psychotherapists are trained to understand the psychological impact of physical health problems on your emotional wellbeing. We can offer talking therapies to help you understand and work through your difficulties. We are also a key part of the healthcare teams we work with and support your psychological care alongside your medical needs.
- Low mood/Stress or Anxiety associated with illness and treatment
- Anxiety around hospital visits or procedures
- Trauma reaction following hospital procedure
- Coping with uncertainty about future health
- Impact of health problem on family and relationships
- Coping with diagnosis and adjusting to everyday life with a long-term medical condition
- Support with making decisions about treatment
- Depression, worry, anxiety or feelings of panic
- Loss of confidence
- Coping with changes in how you look
- Sexual and relationship difficulties
- Making the most of life despite health problems, e.g. chronic pain or breathing difficulties.