Diagnostic Imaging is a core service at the trust, playing an extensive role in the diagnosis and treatment of illness. We have departments at both Huddersfield Royal Infirmary (HRI) and Calderdale Royal Hospital (CRH), providing a comprehensive imaging, diagnostic and interventional service across a wide catchment area. In addition, an outlying Ultrasound service is provided at Valley Medical Centre, Hebden Bridge. We have modern, well-equipped departments, all of which incorporate digital acquisition and a picture archiving and communications system (PACS), facilitating effective patient treatment throughout the Trust.
If you have a walk-in appointment for our X-ray department please note that the opening times are as follows:
Main X-ray department 8am to 4.30pm Monday to Friday.
Accident and emergency X-ray department Mon to Fri 4.30pm to 8pm and Sat and Sun 9am to 5pm.
Who to contact to find out more Nicola Stephenson, Team Lead CRH- 01422 222295.
Services available include:
- Angiography/Interventional – multi-disciplinary team undertaking wide-ranging exams from Sialography to Stenting and Angioplasty
- CT – Efficient diagnostic service undertaking a range of exams from CT heads to interventional examinations
- Dexa scans – procedure to measure Bone Mineral Density of radius & ulna
- Fluoroscopy – undertaking predominantly gastro-intestinal exams, Sinography, Cystography and imaging of joints
- MRI- Provision of a high quality diagnostic imaging service, with an extensive range of examinations, including Breast, Cardiac, Paediatric and MR angiography
- Nursing – high quality nursing care for patients undergoing procedures in Radiology
- PACS – supply & support of an effective digital imaging service, including storage, display & transfer of images and reports
- Radioisotope Imaging – procedures include imaging of skeletal, endocrine, respiratory, urinary, lymphatic and GI systems
- Ultrasound – efficient clinical service undertaking varied examinations, from Obstetric to Interventional procedures
- X-ray – the basis of the whole service, a high quality diagnostic service covering plain X-rays, mobile and theatre imaging.
Where to find us
Calderdale Royal Hospital – X-ray & diagnostic imaging, first floor.
Huddersfield Royal Infirmary - X-ray CT and diagnostic imaging, lower ground floor, CT and MRI scanner basement level.
Who to contact to find out more
Administration – Administration Manager 01484 342299
Angiography/Fluoroscopy – Ellen Howie 01484 355591
CT/MRI – Michelle Griffiths 01484 347222
Nursing - 01484 342500
PACS/RIS – Diane Rooney 01422 224512
Ultrasound – Huddersfield Royal Infirmary - 01484 342757
Ultrasound - Calderdale Royal Hospital - 01422 224473
X-ray Huddersfield Royal Infirmary – Emma Hurst 01484 342504
X-ray Calderdale Royal Hospital –Nicola Stephenson 01422 222235
Meet the team
Dr N Panditaratne
Upper Gastrointestinal, Head and Neck
Dr C Roberts
Upper and Lower Gastrointestinal and Oncology
Dr S Gurney
Upper Gastrointestinal Gynaecological
Vascular, Interventional and Urology
Dr L Sutton
Dr K Al-Zwae
Head and Neck
Dr H Panditaratne
Thoracic, Lung Biopsy and Nuclear Medicine
Dr S Sinha
Cross Sectional Imaging