Huddersfield Royal Infirmary, Acre Street, Lindley, HD3 3EA
Calderdale Royal Hospital, Salterhebble, Halifax, HX3 0PW
Acre Mills Outpatients, Acre Street, Lindley, HD3 3EB
All the income we receive from car parking at Calderdale Royal Hospital and Huddersfield Royal Infirmary goes into providing patient care.
Our car parking charges:
Up to 2 hours £3.00
Between 2 and 4 hours £5.00
Between 4 and 6 hours £6.00
More than 6 hours £8.00
Information about our car parks
Our car parks are covered by CCTV and security staff patrol regularly.
We operate barrier car parking as well as pay and display car parking. How you need to pay will differ as to where you park.
Calderdale Royal Infirmary and Huddersfield Royal Infirmary:
Barrier car parking
In our car parks that have a barrier on entry, we operate a pay-on-foot system. Please take your ticket to a pay station before returning to your car and exiting the car park. There are pay stations located in each of the public car parks or in the main entrances of the hospital.
The pay stations take coins and notes and give change.
Pay and display
We have a small number of pay and display parking spaces near the emergency department at Calderdale Royal and Huddersfield Royal. The same charges apply but you will need to buy a ticket as soon as you park up and display this in the windscreen. These car parking areas do not have a barrier. These machines do not accept notes or give change.
Acre Mills Outpatients, Huddersfield
Acre Mills operates a barrier system. Please take your ticket from the barrier on entry. Before returning to your vehicle please visit the pay on foot machine, located within the main entrance of the building, to make the appropriate payment. The pay machines accept coins (not 5p), notes and provide change.
If you require guidance please contact our reception staff. If Acre Mills is closed when you come to pay please use the machine in the main entrance at HRI or in the overflow car park next to Acre Mills (which is accessed next to the Wire Works public house).
If you are travelling to an appointment or visiting by car, please allow extra time for parking, as the car parking spaces fill up quickly during peak times.
Weekly car parking pass (£35)
You can buy a weekly pass for £35. They are available from our General Offices at HRI and CRH (during office hours).
If you park with us out of hours you can put the cost of your ticket towards a weekly pass by purchasing a weekly pass the next working day.
Pay for your parking as normal and keep your receipt. Bring the receipts to the General Office the next working day when we will put the amount you have paid towards the cost of the weekly pass.
We offer free parking in line with national guidance. Free parking is available to:
- Patients attending for chemotherapy who will be issued with an authorisation card
- Patients attending for renal dialysis who will be issued with an authorisation card
- In-patients who have attended clinic or A & E and are unexpectedly kept in hospital
- Staff from nursing/care homes or next of kin who have been asked to attend the ward to help with the care of their client/patient/relative whilst on the ward. Please speak to the ward for an authorisation form
- Frequent outpatient attenders: free parking will be provided to all out-patients who attend hospital for an appointment at least three times within a month and for an overall period of at least three months. A ‘month’ is defined as a period of 30 days.
- Parents of sick children staying overnight: this is for a parent or guardian of a child or young person, under 18 years of age, who is admitted as an inpatient at hospital overnight. They receive free parking between the hours of 7.30pm and 8am while visiting the child. This would apply to a maximum of two vehicles
- Staff working night shifts: this is for members of staff with a shift starting after 7.30pm and ending before 8am. They receive free parking for the duration of their shift.
The next of kin - only one - for patients in critical care areas such as ICU/HDU, CCU, NICU, Paediatric High
Dependency will receive an authorisation form.
Terminally ill patients on any area, the next of kin should be issued with an authorisation form allowing them free parking for a maximum of 4 days then the situation should be re-addressed by the senior nurse.
Visiting Consultants from other Trusts who are on Trust business.
Blue Badge holders
People who are disabled who hold a valid Blue Badge attending hospital as a patient or visitor, or for a disabled person employed by the hospital trust. Disabled patients and visitors receive free parking for the duration of their attendance at, or visit to, the hospital. Disabled employees receive free parking while at the hospital for purposes relating to their employment.
For any enquiries please contact our General Office on the details shown below.
General Office Huddersfield Royal Infirmary - 01484 34 2740
General Office Calderdale Royal Hospital – 01422 22 2470
The opening times for both sites are:
Monday - Friday 08:30 – 16:45
Plan Your Journey
Metro’s Journey Planner offers door-to-door public transport travel information.
Full timetables information is available from:
For a complete and up-to-date timetable on all train services click:
https://www.wymetro.com/trains/ Or for public transport information by phone, call MetroLine on 0113 245 7676 MetroLine is open from 0700 to 2200 daily (except Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Year’s Day).
The Trust encourages visitors to cycle to its sites where appropriate.
Locations at Calderdale Royal Infirmary
Women and Children’s Entrance
Patient Transport Entrance
Approx Six Bikes
Locations at Huddersfield
Acre Mill OP
Approx Six Bikes
Car Park adjacent to main entrance
Eight cycle lockers
|North Drive - near to Spring Cottage Nursery||Locker||Three cycle lockers|
We have motorcycle parking bays.
If you live close to either site and are fit and well enough then why not walk to hospital?