Book your pregnancy
To register yourself and book your maternity care with Calderdale & Huddersfield Foundation Trust, simply visit this website:
- Complete the registration form when you have missed a period and have a positive pregnancy test (around 6-8 weeks) so that we can plan your first booking appointment and first scan at the best time.
- Please complete as many details as you can on your online form, including the date of the first day of your last period.
- Remember to tick the box to share your data so that we can receive your application.
- You do not have to live in the Calderdale and Huddersfield area to birth at one of our hospitals, if you live outside of this area please register as above. PLEASE NOTE you will also have to register with your local NHS Trust for community antenatal care. All your scans, blood tests, Consultant appointments and Antenatal Classes will be delivered by CHFT, however your local NHS Trust Midwife will deliver your antenatal and postnatal community care.
- After completing your on-line form please allow 5 working days for your appointment to appear on your on -line pregnancy notes under 'My Notes - Summary'. The appointment section will contain the date time and location of your booking appointment.
Women with existing Diabetes
- If you have existing diabetes, as well as completing the registration form as above, can you please ring the Antenatal Clinic as soon as possible, for an appointment to be made for you in the Joint Diabetes and Obstetric Antenatal clinic. If you live in Calderdale or any other area, please ring Antenatal Clinic on 01422 224125 and if you live in Huddersfield please ring Antenatal Clinic on 01484 342666.
- We advise women with existing diabetes to take 5mg Folic Acid for at least 12 weeks before you plan to conceive but if you have not yet commenced this, please commence 5mg Folic acid as soon as possible (prescription can be obtained from your GP) to prevent neural tube defects. Also commence 10 micrograms of vitamin D daily.
- Women without diabetes should commence 400 micrograms folic acid and 10 micrograms of vitamin D daily.
If you need any help or are unable to access the “My Pregnancy Notes” website please download the leaflet at the bottom of this page or call 01422 261351 or 01484 355731 and leave a message, clearly stating your name and phone number. A member of the team will get back to you within 3 days.
All your pregnancy care will be recorded in an electronic patient health record system, “My Pregnancy Notes” which replaces paper pregnancy notes. “My Pregnancy Notes” is a safe and secure website you can use to access your pregnancy notes online and allows you to personalise your care plans and communicate better with your clinician.
*Please note that ‘questions for my midwife’ are to be answered at your next appointment only.
- Electronic access to your pregnancy notes anywhere, anytime using any device of your choice
- View dates and times of your appointments
- Links to pregnancy information, advice and support
- No need to download multiple pregnancy apps
- Track your baby’s growth, development and movements
- Make a note of questions you may have for your midwife
- Complete your care preferences and birth plan
- Access your maternity allowance certificate and your prescription exemption certificate
- The site even supports you after your baby is born with a feeding tracker and enables you to record and monitor your mood.
Download this leaflet for more information: My Pregnancy Notes: Information for patients