Supported Self Management
Take Control is a self management programme (SMP) delivered by Calderdale and Huddersfield NHS Foundation Trust. Take Control programmes are delivered across Calderdale for people living with one or more long term health condition. Recent participants have included people with Chronic Pain, Multiple Sclerosis (MS), Parkinson's Disease, Stroke, other neurological conditions, heart conditions, Diabetes, ME, and respiratory conditions.
Take Control programmes are available across Calderdale in various community venues including Todmodern, Hebden Bridge, Halifax and Brighouse.
Disclaimer: Calderdale and Huddersfield NHS Foundation Trust is not responsible for the content of the external websites listed. The links are provided for convenience purposes only.
The courses are for people living in Calderdale who have a long term health condition. They are run in Halifax, Brighouse, Hebden Bridge and Todmorden.
If you would like any more information in the meantime, please send an email to email@example.com
The course is delivered:
- In a relaxed and friendly environment with refreshments provided
- Over one morning or afternoon per week for seven weeks
- By an experienced health professional and a valued volunteer, who themselves are living with a long term condition
- For a group of people with similar long term conditions
- In a discussion based way without any physical activity
- Should be enjoyable and helpful to you
- Aims to increase your knowledge and understanding of your condition
- Aims to build your knowledge, skills and confidence to manage your condition more effectively
- Will give you the opportunity to problem solve with other people in similar situations
- Has been proven to work by national research carried out on the behalf of The Health Foundation
- Will give you the chance to learn about and use new tools and techniques
- Gives you an approach to get the most out of your health appointments