Shops and other services
We have facilities located across our sites, of which you can find opening times and more information below.
Convenience stores are located in the main entrance hall of each hospital and can provide you with anything from a snack to toiletries you might need for your stay.
- Stop & Shop (located at HRI Main entrance): Monday to Friday 7.30am to 5pm, Saturday and Sunday 10am to 4pm
- WHSmiths (located at CRH Main entrance): Open Monday to Friday from 8am to 8pm, Saturday & Sunday 9am to 7pm
Union House (Costa) (located near the main entrance):
- Monday to Friday 7.30am to 7pm
- Saturday and Sunday 9am to 7pm
Ingleton Falls Restaurant (located on the Ground floor):
- Open Monday to Friday from 9am to 2pm
The League of Friends Tea-bars (located within Outpatients Departments):
- The Dales: Open Monday to Friday from 10:30am to 2:00pm
- Main Outpatients: Open Monday to Friday from 9:45am to 12:15pm and then from 1:45pm to 4:15pm
- Antenatal Clinic: Open every other Monday from 10:15am to 12:15pm. Open Tuesday & Thursday from 9:30am to 12:15pm and then from 1:30pm to 4:15pm. Open Wednesday from 1:30pm to 4:15pm. Open Friday from 9:30am to 12:15pm
- Café 1831 (located adjacent to Main Entrance):
Open Monday to Friday from 7am to 7pm
Open Saturday & Sunday from 9am to 5pm
- Southside Dining (located in the Sub-basement):
Open Monday to Friday 8am - 3pm
- The League of Friends Tea-bar (located in the Orthopaedic Outpatients department on Lower Ground Floor): As a voluntary service, this is open as staffing allows
- Rowlands Pharmacy (located on Ground floor)
Open Monday to Friday from 8.30am to 7pm
Open Saturday from 9am to 2pm
- Rowlands Pharmacy (located in Main entrance)
Open Monday to Friday from 9am to 5:30pm
There are cash points at both Calderdale Royal Hospital and Huddersfield Royal Infirmary near the main reception areas.
Post is delivered and collected from all wards Monday to Friday. There is a post box in the main reception at the Calderdale Royal and the Huddersfield Royal Infirmary.
Please give stamped letters for posting to the ward clerk or nurse if you are unable to post them yourself. If you expect to receive any post whilst in hospital, please ask your relatives or friends to include the name of the ward as well as your first name on all post to you.